This Spiritual Warfare Bible Study is taken from Ephesians Chapter 6 - It provides a lesson on how Christians fight the evil of Satan.
Finally (why this word summarize what was before in the epistle)
be strong (1st command) passive so ti's really "be made strong or be strengthened" (see 3:16)
1- be strengthened by the Lord
2 - be strengthened by His VAST strength
We can't be strong on our own- we need the conqueror Jesus Christ the champion to strengthen us
HOW are we strengthened to be strong?
we put on the full armor of God (2nd command)
WHY? Because God commands it, but what is the result?
So you can stand (be strong) against the tactics of the Devil
our battle is not against flesh and blood
Our battle is against:
1. the rulers
2. the authorities
3. the world powers of this darkness
4. the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens
BECAUSE of who you're fighting:
you must take up (put on) the full armor of God (3rd command)
1. so you might be able to first resist in the evil day
2. so that after you have prepared everything
3 you can take your stand
HOW DO WE STAND?
Stand therefore (4th command)
1. with truth like a belt (wearing)
2. with righteousness like armor on your chest (wearing)
3. with feet sandaled with readiness for the gospel of peace (wearing) (armor for peace?)
4. in every situation take the shield of faith and with it (not wearing but in your hand) (5th command) (why take it? so you can use it)
5. take the helmet of salvation (wearing) and
6. take the sword of the Spirit (not wearing but in your hand) which is God's Word (6th command)
We pray this spiritual warfare Bible study has blessed you.